How to Build Your First Website UK BlackTech are back with their third workshop at part of the
UK BlackTech are back with their third workshop at part of the South London Innovation Corridor
In this session, we will take you through how to build your first website. This will include accessing templates and tips on getting the best design and functionality for your website in order to engage your users and drive conversion. Please bring your laptops. This session is also suitable for anyone who wants to improve a very basic website.
OneTech, UKBlackTech and Foundervine are joining forces to increase the support provided for aspiring tech entrepreneurs and start-ups in Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark and Wandsworth. With funding support from the South London Innovation Corridor, the new programme will offer free opportunities for budding tech founders.
UKBlackTech will support the programme by offering events and bootcamps in South London. Our first event will aim to demystify the start-up world and explore what things you need to take into consideration when starting and sustaining a digital business.
These sessions will enable attendees to build their skills, education and networks around creating a successful tech business.
- Meet and Greet session
- Breakout sessions based on the stage the attendees are at with their digital business
- Fishbowl discussions
- Ted style talks from founders within local communities sharing their stories etc.
Who are Capital Enterprise and OneTech?
Capital Enterprise is a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to serve and super-charge London’s start-up scene.
Powered by Capital Enterprise, OneTech supports under represented tech founders through action and thought leadership. Click here to read just a few of our success stories. To access our full range of support apply here.
Thanks to J.P.Morgan, Founding Funder of OneTech
Our Delivery Partners
Foundervine was founded by technologists and professionals who believe in a fairer tech entrepreneurship landscape and were frustrated by a lack of diversity. They work to remove social barriers to entrepreneurship and build a network of businesses across 4 continents that harness the power of digital technology.
They do this in 3 ways:
- Help people from underestimated backgrounds to start up businesses
- Scale up small businesses, enabling them to become investment ready
- Act as a voice for underestimated entrepreneurs in the UK and beyond.
UK Black Tech is an organisation which exists to create the most diverse tech sector in the world ensuring that tech products, services and companies reflect us all.
They aim to:
- Increase the numbers of Black & Ethnic Minorities at all levels in tech.
- Help individuals and digital businesses to become self-sustainable through long term growth & consistency.
- Showcase tech professionals & digital businesses in mainstream media and events.
- Transfer wealth & knowledge to the younger generation through projects and initiatives.
- Build a community that collaborates, partners and share resources.
The South London Innovation Corridor is a partnership between four London boroughs to drive growth within the creative and tech industries in Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark and Wandsworth. By delivering new business support, talent development and affordable workspace opportunities and ensuring that these opportunities are made available to people who are currently underrepresented in the creative and tech sectors, the South London Innovation Corridor seeks to help individuals, entrepreneurs, start-ups and growing businesses to reach their potential.
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm