Past & Future Events
Only Past Events
Only Future Events
Which tools will boost your team’s productivity and help you build prototypes and MVPs without code? Join us to find out In this session we will introduce
In this session we will introduce you to a number of tools that will help you with your and your team’s productivity including how you can quickly build out prototypes or MVPs with no code! You will also have an opportunity to see how these tools work and what you can achieve with them through an innovation showcase.
This session will be led by Claudine Adeyemi and Mark Martin.
Claudine is a multi-award winning lawyer and entrepreneur. She read law at UCL and practiced law at a top London law firm. In 2014, Claudine founded The Student Development Co., a non-profit providing career-related support to young people. Claudine also founded CareerEar, a site empowering people to make informed career choices with a unique feature enabling career-seekers to ask questions to industry professionals. Claudine is also a trustee for the Employers’ Network for Equality and Inclusion (enei) and a WEF Global Shaper. In May 2018, Claudine was listed as the EMpower #1 Future Leader as presented by the Financial Times.
Mark is an Advanced Skills Teacher in Education and Computer Science and Founder of UK Black Tech. Mark is a thought leader in #EdTech and shares his insights to educators around the world. He’s a popular speaker and travels to different countries to present his expertise. He is an expert teacher / advisor for the major tech brands in the world and continues to advocate for home-grown talent, digital skills and education equity. In 2019, he was awarded London Business Awards for Paying It Forward. He was also awarded in June 2019 an MBE for services to education, to technology and to diversity in UK technology.
The session will take place via Zoom video call and you can join via phone, tablet or computer. A link will be sent out to you once you have registered through eventbrite.
OneTech, UKBlackTech and Foundervine are joining forces to increase the support provided for aspiring tech entrepreneurs and start-ups in Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark and Wandsworth. With funding support from the South London Innovation Corridor, the new programme will offer free opportunities for budding tech founders.
UKBlackTech will support the§ programme by offering events and bootcamps in South London.
These sessions will enable attendees to build their skills, education and networks around creating a successful tech business.
- Meet and Greet session
- Breakout sessions based on the stage the attendees are at with their digital business
- Fishbowl discussions
- Ted style talks from founders within local communities sharing their stories etc.
Who are Capital Enterprise and OneTech?
Capital Enterprise is a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to serve and super-charge London’s start-up scene.
Powered by Capital Enterprise, OneTech supports under represented tech founders through action and thought leadership. Click here to read just a few of our success stories. To access our full range of support apply here.
Thanks to J.P.Morgan, Founding Funder of OneTech
Our Delivery Partners
Foundervine was founded by technologists and professionals who believe in a fairer tech entrepreneurship landscape and were frustrated by a lack of diversity. They work to remove social barriers to entrepreneurship and build a network of businesses across 4 continents that harness the power of digital technology.
They do this in 3 ways:
- Help people from underestimated backgrounds to start up businesses
- Scale up small businesses, enabling them to become investment ready
- Act as a voice for underestimated entrepreneurs in the UK and beyond.
UK Black Tech is an organisation which exists to create the most diverse tech sector in the world ensuring that tech products, services and companies reflect us all.
They aim to:
- Increase the numbers of Black & Ethnic Minorities at all levels in tech.
- Help individuals and digital businesses to become self-sustainable through long term growth & consistency.
- Showcase tech professionals & digital businesses in mainstream media and events.
- Transfer wealth & knowledge to the younger generation through projects and initiatives.
- Build a community that collaborates, partners and share resources.
The South London Innovation Corridor is a partnership between four London boroughs to drive growth within the creative and tech industries in Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark and Wandsworth. By delivering new business support, talent development and affordable workspace opportunities and ensuring that these opportunities are made available to people who are currently underrepresented in the creative and tech sectors, the South London Innovation Corridor seeks to help individuals, entrepreneurs, start-ups and growing businesses to reach their potential.
(Wednesday) 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
How to win your first customers Do you feel like you can negotiate? Are you confident to ask for what you deserve? “Negotiation” was one of the
Do you feel like you can negotiate? Are you confident to ask for what you deserve?
“Negotiation” was one of the most searched terms in the UK in 2019, peaking January – March, in line with the traditional corporate pay and bonus reviews. Coincidence? We think not!
Whether we are bargaining at the market, pitching our business or asking for a pay rise, our negotiation skills need to hit the mark and most importantly, drive successful results.
Join us for this fun, interactive session and learn how to negotiate like a boss.
You will learn how to bring out the best of yourself and handle negotiations confidently through a series of theories, examples, individual & group exercises. You will leave equipped with actionable strategies for leveraging strengths and addressing challenge areas.
- Learn theories and strategies on key concepts such as personalities, confidence and negotiation methods
- Learn ways of handling stress and nerves associated with negotiation and presenting yourself in high-pressure situations
- Develop a routine which will give you a step by step strategy for feeling calm, present, ready and able to make an impact when negotiating
- Receive feedback to help identify your negotiation strengths and weaknesses, combined with time to practice improvement
- Learn how to negotiate online and offline
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
All you need to know about testing your business idea and taking it to the next level! Whether you’re just cooking up a business idea, or have
Whether you’re just cooking up a business idea, or have a product and customers, the need for idea validation never quite goes away. As your market changes, you must too!
What is my customer’s biggest problem? What features do I need to build? Are they willing to pay for my solution?
The answers to these questions can drastically affect the course of your business, and until you hear it from your customer’s mouths – it’s all an assumption!
In this Idea Validation session, Dan and Joshua, cofounders @Tectonic have put together a step by step process to help you:
– Define your target customer’s problems
– Break down your target customer segments and early adopters
– Discover the answers to your key business questions from your customers and potential customers
Limited spaces available
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm